Thursday, February 5, 2009

11th January '09

The air here is so dry it’s impossible to drink enough water for my lips to not be dry. It’s drying on the eyes, too. We’re about 6000 feet up, so some altitude to adjust to but I’m okay with it – Sam and a couple of the others are having a harder time of it.

So, we made it to San Miguel, found our home for the next three months (more on that later) and begun to settle in. Hummingbirds! Outside my window! I love hummingbirds, they seem such miraculous creatures. The old indigenous understanding of hummingbirds is as a symbol of consciousness and the facility of thought, in part from their ability to hover and move in any directions

It’s gorgeous here; the light is amazing, it’s warm in the day (mostly, anyway, although I’m still dealing with ‘flu) if rather cold at night – its’ the same temperature here as in Brighton at the moment!

Training starts tomorrow, which I’m both excited and nervous about. We had a meeting this evening where I got to meet all the others. They all seem lovely, and it’s going to be a great three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment