Wednesday, February 18, 2009

16th February '09

I had originally intended to stay until Thursday, but it felt right to travel back with Mary and Dorian. It’s safer travelling as a group in Mexico, also there is an impending bus strike over the price of diesel. As all travel is done by bus/coach here it would bring the country to a standstill; although it would probably be only for a day no-one could say (some protests here last a while).

Tlakaelel had to go into town in the morning, so he checked the buses for us in case ‘they’ weren’t showing it on the TV (it was a protest against the government, after all, and not all news gets reported…).

This morning I had a great opportunity to speak with Maestro and ask some questions, some that Cher had emailed me and one of mine. A visiting Maestra, Camila, graciously translated, and I had permission to record, some of which you may find on our YouTube site. Camila’s own study amongst the Maya is amazing, and if you ask me about it I’ll tell you what I know and put you in touch with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment